May 31, 2014

Saturday, May 31: How See Us

MASS READINGS  TODAY
Feast of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary

•  All the readings together
•  Zephaniah 3:14-18
•  Isaiah 12:2-3, 4, 5-6
•  Luke 1:39-56

IF YOU WERE HERE THIS SUMMER  FR. MARK'S HOMILY


Video above not working?
•   Click here to listen on YouTube
© Fr. Mark Toups, 2014

Click here to see the entire series, the entire summer!

SUMMER 2014  DAY 6 AT IPF

Who is at IPF today:
•   169 seminarians for the 10-week Summer Program of Spiritual Formation
•   56 priest spiritual directors serving as spiritual directors during the seminarians' 8-day silent retreat

Today is the first full day of the seminarian's eight-day silent retreat. Tonight's conference will offer encouragements in regards to God's looking at us differently than how we look at ourselves.

"Love of neighbor is thus shown to be possible in the way proclaimed by the Bible, by Jesus. It consists in the very fact that, in God and with God, I love even the person whom I do not like or even know. This can only take place on the basis of an intimate encounter with God, an encounter which has become a communion of will, even affecting my feelings. Then I learn to look on this other person not simply with my eyes and my feelings, but from the perspective of Jesus Christ. ... Seeing with the eyes of Christ, I can give to others much more than their outward necessities; I can give them the look of love which they crave."
— Pope Benedict XVI, Deus Caritas Est, no. 18

"A step or two before the place where I have to contemplate or meditate, I will pause for the space of an Our Father, with my consciousness raised on high, considering how God our Lord is looking at me, and will make an act of reverence or humility."
— Saint Ignatius, Spiritual Exercises

Click here for learn more about the Institute for Priestly Formation

IF YOU WERE THIS SUMMER  TODAY YOU WOULD PRAY WITH ...

Isaiah 43:1-7 ... ask the Lord to show what He sees when He see you.

7 QUESTIONS ABOUT PRAYER  QUESTION 2
   

LET'S GET READY FOR MASS THIS WEEKEND



FR. ROBERT BARRON  ASCENSION SUNDAY
Click here to listen to Fr. Robert Barron's homily for this weekend.